After Ljublljana in 2013, Zagreb in March, Sofia in May and Leipzig in September 2014, we invite you to our regional workshop on Degrowth in postsocialist countries on the 24-25 January 2015.
Registration is closed.
If you have any question: firstname.lastname@example.org – Free donation.
There will be several programmes:
- Open to everybody: discussion followed by a convivial party on Saturady the 24th of January from 17h30.
- For already well-informed people on Degrowth: workshops on Saturady the 24th of January (morning and afternoon – limited to 50 people lunch provided for registered people).
- For people interested in participating to up-coming projects: workshops on Sunday the 25th of January (morning and afternoon – limited to 20 people).
Please find the details below:
Saturday 24 of January
Beograd rakpart 9., Budapest
Workshops for well-informed people on Degrowth:
10h-12h30 Session 1:
- Welcoming word and introduction.
- Degrowth in post-socialist countries: feedback from Leipzig workshop.
- Degrowth, Karl Polanyi and CSA in Hungary.
Lunch break. 12h30-14h with local organic food from Zsambok organic farm.
Session 2: 14h-17h
- How to explain degrowth without closing the door for discussions in post-socialist countries.
- The green/red divide in degrowth discussions in post-socialist countries.
- Public debt and degrowth with the Committee for the Abolition of Third World Debt.
Beograd rakpart 9., Budapest
17h30-19h Public and participative discussion: How to contruct alternatives to the physical and cultural limits to growth?
In the frame of a two day long workshop on Degrowth in postsocialist countries, we invite you to a participative public discussion on the limits to growth. First Miklos Antal will talk about the physical limits to growth and explain why sufficiently fast decoupling is very unlikely. Then Vincent Liegey will present the cultural limits by questioning why always more is far away from a meaningful life.After these introductions, we invite you to participate in the construction of alternatives: how to implement democratic transitions to sustainable, convivial and autonomous new models of society? On what principles would these models be constructed?
From 19h Party with hot wine, tea, and organic food.
Feel free to bring local food and drinks from your country!
Sunday 25th of January
Only for people interested in participating for the upcoming projects:
10h-13h30 Szimpla Piac (direct trade market in Budapest – Kazinczy utca 14.).
- Welcoming presentation of the market and Zsambok organic farm, and direct trade in Hungary.
- Discussion on the application for the organisation of the following Degrowth conference in Budapest in 2016 (breakfast and lunch at the market).
13h30 Walk to Cyclonomia (Katona József utca 39. 50).
14h-18h Cyclonomia: DiY bikeshop.
- Welcoming presentation of Cyclonomia workshop, DiY and low tech.
- Horison2020 project development until May 2015.
- Activities on the climate talks in Paris 2015 – exchanging info, maybe some planning what can be done.
- Publication about Degrowth in Post-Socialist countries.
- Other future activities…